CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

March 1st Update

Hello Friends - What a week!! Well, to begin with, we have another new family member this week. My cousin Darryl and his wife Delanie have a beautiful baby boy who arrived last Sunday morning. Preston Bryant decided he wanted to join his family a couple weeks early - both Mom and baby are doing GREAT!!! Big sister Katelyn is overjoyed to have a baby brother. Katelyn is the same age I was when my baby brother, Alan, was born - 12 years old. Katelyn, you will love Preston soooo much, just like I loved and still love Alan. So, let's see, that's four (4) down and still 4 (four) more births to go, by summer. Hopefully, my adoption will take place during this time, so it could possibly be 5 (five) more babies by summer.

On the adoption front, the WC list finally came out on Wednesday night, and there were 38 children on this list, mostly older children with more severe needs than I am open to. Then, much to everyone's surprise, another list came out on Thursday night - 47 younger children/babies with minor needs. Needless to say, I was on pins and needles all day Friday, but no call this time! Actually, there were only about six children that I could have been matched with, and I'm sure those sweet girls were matched very quickly. So, now I wait a little while longer, until next month. I have waited for three years, so another month or two is a piece of cake!! God just isn't ready for Mia to come home just yet! Until next time, Peace and Grace to all!!

1 comments:

Anonymous

I'm so glad you have this blog to keep everyone updated. Even though we sit a few feet away from each other at work, it is great to keep in touch with what is going on in your life and the coming home of little Mia. I know you are so anxious and excited. When the time comes, it will all fit perfectly and we all (everyone taking this journey with you; either family, friends, or co-workers)look forward to your new addition. I hope the time comes for you very soon to be a mom, but until then you and little Mia are in my prayers.

Leslie A.

Post a Comment